Thursday, May 2, 2013

She's here!

It was a whirlwind of a day....

I was up at about 6. I couldn't sleep any longer. I took a shower and got ready. Got the boys up, fed them breakfast and Zeke woke up Eden. Marcus got up and we were all ready and out of the house by 9. I called mom and she said she would pick up Eden by nap time.

Marcus and I were early to the hospital. But they took us right in. I changed into the wonderful hospital gown and climbed into bed. Not long after, the nurse came in and started my IV. It was getting real.  Marcus took a couple photos and then left to grab some breakfast. 

The anesthesiologist came in and asked me a ton of questions. I signed their release and Dr Caldwell walked in to say hi and see of i was ready. 

I definitely was. 

They walked me down the hall to the OR. It was like no other I'd seen. There were two huge picture windows that overlooked a residential street. The sun was shining in and Everyone was so casual and chatty. 

They have me the epidural and we waited for it to take effect. Once it was working enough, the room turned into a flurry of excitement. As she got closer to the baby, she let Marcus peek over and as his eyes grew large, Dr Caldwell shrieked "look at all this hair!!!" She lifted the most darling little girl up for us all to see and the nurses swiftly took her to the warmer to get cleaned up and weighed. 

Our perfect little baby girl excersized her lungs and announced to everyone that she entered this world hungry and ready to take it on!

They started to see me up, but not before Dr Caldwell Showed Marcus the inventory of my abdomen. It was pretty funny to hear them identify all my innerds and try to search my tubes for where they were reconnected. Dr Caldwell said I had very little scar tissue from my prior c sections and the TR surgery. She couldn't even identify where the tubes had been repaired. 

After we were wheeled to our room, I started feeling quite ill and was told my blood pressure was very low. They gave me fluids and meds and it took quite a while until I started to feel better. 

My parents brought the kids by to meet their new sister. They each held her and looked to immediately be in love. Marcus eventually kissed me goodbye and I settled in for my first night with our newest arrival. 

The next couple of days brought many visitors and family members. We are truly loved and quite fortunate to have such a wonderful circle of friends and family. 

Three days later, we were discharged and introduced our baby girl to her home. 

I'm amazed and feel so blessed to have been able to bring such a darling and sweet little girl into this world. 

Introducing......

Eleora Ruby Lynn
Born 5-1-13
7lb, 12oz
19" long 

I'm in love.... Again ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment