Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gentle reminder from TTC after TR Group:

I forgot! I have a blog!  This is going to be a looooooong update for sure~

I definitely wish that I had kept up with this, so much has happened....  I'll start from where I left off;

Marcus and I went to a RE.  Her staff sucked (only liked one out of the entire group- Han, she was the only one that could draw my blood without blowing my vein.  BUT I have great veins, they were just idiots) but she was soooo knowledgeable.  Insurance didnt cover a penny, so the cost was hard to swallow, but I thought it would be worth it.  The first visit, I brought my ff charting and we went over everything.  She suggested that I lose 10-15# and ordered blood work and a SA (Marcus was not thrilled about that one).  If AF didnt show up, I was to take Provera and call them when I started.  As was usual, I had to take the Provera, and called when I was supposed to. They scheduled an ultrasound for 2 days later.  WHAT?  During my period?  Guess it was worse for her then me.  We had another ultrasound around cd 13 and saw that I only had 2 follicles maturing.  Enough, but not enough.  She decided that we needed to "up" the clomid dose (I had only been taking 50mg) the next cycle.
However, lo and behold, I got my first BFP!  I went in for betas and the first draw (18 dpo) was 300 and went in for the second and it was 452 (just shy of 48 hours later).  We had another draw and it went up to 2997.63, I was thrilled.  It was a 49 hour doubling time.  May 31st Ultrasound and saw a sac.  Talk about amazing.  Everything seemed to be falling into place.  Pregnant! But no symptoms.  At.  All.  A week later, another ultrasound, of course there will be a heartbeat now, right?  WRONG.  Completely empty sac.  Wait, this happens?  To Whom?  Away to Google I went.  OMG.  It happens all the time, and I had no idea!  I called the RE office thinking I would get an ounce of emotional support, but nothing.  I called my OB office and the advice nurse was Awesome!  We scheduled another US for a week later, and I stressed and googled the entire week.  The 14th of June, I got the bad news again. No growth, just a sac.  Void of anything.  Technically called a Missed Miscarriage. My OB gave me some meds to take at home and it should start the process.  I took the next day off work, took the meds and cuddled up on the couch.  I was ready for the cramping.  Nothing. Happened.  Um, ok.  Called the OB and she said to wait two days and take the next pills.  Ok.  Took the pills.  Nothing. Happened. Again.  WTF?  Seriously???  Called OB and we scheduled a D&C for June 20th.  Lets get this over with.
OB said to count the D&Cs first day of bleeding as cd 1 like normal. We should wait a month TTC, but once my next cycle arrives, I am going to take 100mg Clomid on cd 3-7.  We were heading to Mexico for our 11th Anniversary mid to end of August.  I had to go in for a progesterone draw on cd 17 and OB said that my numbers were awesome, so I should either take tampons with me to Mexico or a HPT.  Either was going to come on strong.
Well..... I didnt even think about it, just rocked the zipline, had some drinks, para-sailed and enjoyed a kid free vacay with the hubs.  On the plane home, I was thinking hmmmmm.  AF didnt show, I wonder.....
We arrived home safely and went to bed happy and I was EXHAUSTED!  Too much travel?
The next day, I went to work and once I was home, I remembered again that AF hadnt showed.  HPT it is!  I took the babysitter home, and stopped at Walgreens.  2 FRER later, both tests couldnt be wrong.
IM PREGNANT. AGAIN.
Im not going to get my hopes up.  I called my OB and she said that, even though we had a TR and ectopic chances are high, it was up to me if I wanted to move forward with betas.  I didnt want to stress about it.  I had one TR baby easily, a HSG that showed my tubes completely wide open and another implantation that just didnt grow a baby, but it made it to my uterus.  Decision: No betas.  We scheduled the first 8 week appt and I continued to stress anyways.
The first US Sept 25th looked perfect.  Everything measured right on.  Saw the little HB "flutter".
Fast forward to today.  20 weeks.  Its been hard! Trisha had the best suggestion ever.  I hopped on CL and found a fetal doppler when I was 10 weeks.  Early on, the heartbeat was a little hard to find, but as soon as you can hear the little train sound, it is truly music to my ears.  Now, I can find it near my belly button (that is rapidly disappearing).  I still cant relax though.  I keep on thinking at the next milestone I will feel more secure, but I dont.  I do feel flutters, but only one or two strong jabs have happened.
Stats:  Gained 6# total so far.  I started back with my trainer yesterday, feeling it today! Two days a week should be good, I might take a couple aqua classes.  I just dont want to undo the 25# weight loss I achieved before Mexico.  Bing! Maybe weight loss was part of the key to my issues, well that and lack of ovulation.... lol.
So, happy day today! I asked Marcus for a 3D ultrasound for Xmas so I can bring the kids to see "their" baby.
Ive never been so excited again for Heartburn and food aversions.  Wishing all my TR sisters baby dust and sticky beans....

No comments:

Post a Comment