Saturday, February 18, 2012

Birth Story TR baby - April 2009

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:16 am

Hi Ladies,

I had my tubes tied after the birth of my 2nd son in 2004. December of 2007
my husband and I decided that we had made a mistake. We searched our options
and after a lot of internet research, we made the life changing decision to
trust Dr Levin.
We were fortunate enough to have the funds saved up so On June 9, 2008 I
had the surgery. Dr Levin had to do some extra repair and also remove some scar
tissue, but everything went fine and I ended up with tube lengths of 7 and
9. We were given a 6ww and after our wait was over, together we decided to relax
and let nature take its course vs. stressing about it and making each other
crazy in the process.
For my birthday, we were planning on having friends over for a bbq. I
noticed that my period was four days late, and so I decided to take a test just in
case.
After three tests all saying the same thing, I concluded that they all
couldnt be wrong, and I was indeed pregnant.
After my first appointment I was given the due date of May 20th, 2009. It
has been a very uneventful pregnancy, textbook really. We scheduled the C
Section for May 13th two weeks ago at my last appointment.
On April 11th, I was shopping for Easter items for my boys and felt warm
liquid gush. I thought my water broke, but went into the restroom and found
it was blood! My sister rushed me to the hospital and after a short time, the
doctors decided that it was best to deliver the baby immediately.
A large team of neonatal doctors and nurses were at the delivery and my
little girl was born at 6:40pm and weighed just over 5 lbs.
I am currently staying with her in the NICU after my discharge two days
ago. She is continuing to get stronger and we hope to be able to take her home in
a week or so.
I am so thankful for Dr Levin and his staff and the wonderful gift he was
able to give to us. Even though it is not currently an ideal situation, we are so
happy to have a new little girl in our lives.
To all those ladies that are trying to decide if Dr Levin is the right
decision to make, trust me... he is the absolute best. My C section doctor
said that my tubes were repaired so well that she could hardly tell where the
repair was made! To all ladies out there that are waiting on their surgery and all
those that are TTC, good luck to you and I hope you are able to tell your
own birth story soon.

Best Wishes,
Amy, 33 in Oregon
DH, 34
DS, 6
DS, 4
TL 11/22/04
TR 6/9/08
DD, 7 days

... more TR babies to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment