Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy V's Day!! (well, almost)

Two weeks! Its almost been two weeks since my last post.  Oops, again.

We have had a touch of the flu, a motorcycle accident, daycare issues.  Ive learned to never ask "What else can go wrong?" because as soon as you do, life finds something else to throw at you!

Zeke had a terrible cough and shakes, sounded like pneumonia, so I took him to Urgent care, but it was "only" the flu.  Eli got a touch of it the same day, but both were ok after three days.  Phew.  Marcus had a little of it, but toughed through it and high tailed it to get a flu shot. 

Eden started at Brittanys on the 1st and has had a rough time.  She loves Brit, but doesn't understand the concept of daycare.  What else could I expect from her though?  If I think about it, she went to the office with me until she was 16 months, then Marisa started to watch her at home.  She has been at home with her for two years!  She has no clue what daycare means - Brit said that Eden would ask her why I was taking so long and why I left her there.  Poor lil girl! Marcus and I took her to the preschool down the street for a little visit and she was thrilled that there was a playground!  Its a cute little school with small class sizes and they don't take infants, so all the kids are around her age. 3-4 for the most part.  They have an entire room that is set up like a kitchen, so Eden was pretty dang excited.  We will see how long that lasts.  I'm hoping that she gets used to the concept.  She will go to preschool twice per week and Brits the other three days.  Fingers crossed!!

Friday, I was paying for the repairs on the Truck and received a call from an EMT saying Marcus got into a motorcycle accident and they were transporting him to the ER.  OMGosh!  I freaked (of course), dropped Eden at Jens and took off like a bat outta hell! They took a TON of xrays and found that he had no broken bones.  Phew!   He does have a separated shoulder and is in the worst pain.  The ED was horrible.  They spent more time lecturing him on motorcycles than they did actually caring for him.  For heavens sake! He was going less than 5 mph pulling out of a parking lot and the rear tire hit a puddle (duh - PNW roads), spun out and threw him.  Total accident that could happen to anyone.  He wasn't being unsafe or reckless.  They didn't even give him pain meds, so we ended up in Urgent Care on Sunday.  Thankfully, they gave him a sling for his arm and a script for meds.  We went to the DR yesterday and she confirmed what was wrong and said that he hurt his rotator cuff also?  The guy is in sooooo much pain!

So, pretty exciting (not fun though) for everyone in my family.  Me? Pretty uneventful in general.  28 weeks yesterday, so only 11 weeks left!  Holy cow, that means as of today, 76 days until C-Section.... Last pregnancy ever!  Im definitely getting quite the bump.  More like a hill.  Heartburn doesn't let up.  Made chocolate chip cookies with Eden last night and shouldn't have had any.  OUCH!  Tomorrow is my glucose test.  Fruit Punch flavor.  I'm trying to drink a TON of water today so I don't have too much concentrated urine tomorrow like my last appointment.  Marcus and I are bringing Alison a valentines day gift.  Hope she smiles.

Speaking of Valentines Day, Zeke asked for roses for Lexi.  He is such a sweet boy. Most of the time.  I said that I would let him walk one up to her house after school tomorrow.  Marcus and my dad planned a dinner out - Date night!! Woot!!  I'm going to get the kids small gifts to wake up to and a little something for the office gals. 

Im still off Facebook.  Its been nice!  No drama :) 

I hung my Christmas gifts from the boys in my office today and the window decals were installed.  Its coming together nicely.  Chels took the photos and will edit and send them to me.  Website is working again, thank you bro!  Even if its temporary, it looks great and everything is working.  Wahoo!

 
 
Ok.... back to work!  TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment